[pct-l] Fires

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:00:16 CDT 2017

Alcohol stoves are prohibited by omission: In both forests, only gas and
petroleum jelly stoves are permitted outside developed campgrounds. (Wood
and charcoal are permitted only in developed recreation sites, not in the
backcountry.) Alcohol, esbit, etc. do not meet that description.

And as Jeff and Marmot point out, there are good reasons other than
regulations not to, um, play with fire.