[pct-l] Muir Trail Ranch

comradeboris comrade2u at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 09:23:01 CST 2017

I did the JMT a couple of years back and used MTR as a resupply station - they were awesome. I hiked in my own stuff because it was easy and I lived close enough to do it and I'm a cheapskate (the gas to drive there and back probably cost more, but the adventure was worth it).
Q1 response: Any 5-gallon bucket will do. Restaurants have 'em and perhaps you can get one free from one with whom you have rapport. I got mine at Lowes (same thing as Home Depot's). I got the heavier duty food-grade for its durability. Remember, these are being muled in and bounced about while en route to MTR. So the thicker the better for that aspect. Tips: Just consider what you want NOT spilled, "exploded", or broken in the container and pack it accordingly. Other than that, toss it in and send it. The folks at MTR take their responsibility of your life link splendidly seriously. So once there, your stuff is safe if you packed it safely.
No answer to the phone thing...didn't have one/use one.

Best wishes, happy trails and all that stuff! ************************ If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti