[pct-l] hanging food

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 28 17:19:58 CST 2017

The crumbs-in-tent possibility brings up an alternate strategy that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread, i.e., stop earlier, cook supper, eat, clean up, pack back up, and walk till you're ready to camp for the night. Besides minimizing food odors and crumbs around your tent, it also make walking till dark easier. You can set up camp much quicker when you've already eaten. If you stop to cook & eat at a water source, you can carry only the water you'll need that night and for breakfast next morning, saving a couple of lbs of weight. This approach wasn't real common on the PCT, but it seems to be done a lot on the CDT.

Mango