[pct-l] iPhone charging

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Mon Jan 23 10:47:40 CST 2017

I use a SunTactics 6000mAh USB Battery. It is about 3.5 ounces and gives me 3 or more charges to my I-phone 6s. Using normal power-saving techniques my phone is good for 7-10 days of regular use, which include photos, 1-2 hours of music, and a bit of daily navigation.

I looked into the solar chargers as some have reported good success with them. Ultimately I decided I did not want to futz with a solar charger on a daily basis so have not gone down that pathway. Since navigation can be such a high power drain if used frequently, I think that if I went into the Sierra in a big snow year I would be inclined to bring a second battery as a backup versus a solar charger.

Herb