[pct-l] Cajon to Silverwood

Gary Schenk gary_schenk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 11:32:09 CST 2017

Sunday we hiked from I-15 to Silverwood Lake Ranger Station.

The Blue Cut Fire burned the information signs and picnic table at I-15. The trail tread is in good shape with a few blow downs, nothing serious. A couple we cleared by throwing off the trail. With the recent rains and apparent return to a non-drought winter there was plenty of water. Another storm next week on the way, too. It would be nice to have the springs and seasonal creeks flowing later into the year.

It was a beautiful winter day and that little section is nice hiking.

Gary