[pct-l] section F - water and flowers

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 31 17:11:37 CDT 2016

I thought the flowers north of Walker Pass were astounding a month ago, but there are still
stunning displays south of Walker Pass.    I think the best was the high point

just before the trail crosses the Piute Mountain Road for the second time, in a burn area
that is enjoying a spectacular wildflower recovery, and no poodle dog that I noticed.

This weekend enjoyed an abundance of cached water and so didn't have to go down to Willow
Spring or Lower Yellowjacket Spring.      Later hikers might miss the caches and so should
be prepared to go without, as always.

Cottonwood Creek was dry, and the wooden foot bridge mentioned in the data book appears to
be long gone.There was good water in the concrete dam above the trail just before Landers Meadow,
and even some pools at the crossings of Landers Creek, but nothing flowing.

A bunch of lucky hikers enjoyed trail magic by J&K on Saturday at Walker Pass Campground.
Even over Memorial Day weekend, it wasn't full.