[pct-l] Body weight vs pack weight

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu May 5 20:55:10 CDT 2016

No, no, no Brick,
The steel helmet and Bazooka were my trademark gear in the 60's.
I gave up wearing a steel helmet and caring a Bazooka in 1968.

Now days there are better ways to defend against bears than a steel
helmet and Bazooka.
Of course back in those days the steel helmet and Bazooka were your
best line of defense against bears and marauding trail pirates like
Switchback.
One shot from the Bazooka will scorch their "Rear Ends" really good
and you never have to worry about them again.

BTW....the Bazooka will penetrate 11" of "Homogenous Steel."

The 55 to 85 lb packs I was referring to, I was hauling hiking with
the Scouts and Karen (my wife) to lessen their load.

JMT Reinhold
your steel helmeted bear proof trail companion

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Reinhold Metzger
<reinholdmetzger at cox.net