[pct-l] Planning....the JMT....a love affair

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue May 3 17:14:39 CDT 2016

Beth,
The JMT goes 211 miles all the way from Whitney to Happy Isles, Yosemite,
...not just to Tuolumne Meadows and the best time to hike it is mid July
through August.
By that time most the Mosquitoes and snow will be gone and the weather will
be more forgiving.
Although you could get snow in the middle of the summer, you might want to
finish by mid September to reduce the risk of much heavier early snow.

YES,...like Michael said..."anything along the JMT would be Epic."
The JMT is truly one of the most magnificent and beautiful trails in the
world.
I first put foot on the JMT in the summer of 1968, was just stunned by the
magnificent beauty of the "High Sierra" and have been back almost every
year prowling around in the Sierra and winding up on the JMT one way or
another including 11 JMT :Thru-hikes."

Some people ask why do you hike the JMT so much?

I answer...the JMT is like a beautiful woman and ones "Bitten", forever
"Hooked."

Yes,..I got hooked in 1968 and every summer since, she has been calling me.

JMT Reinhold
Your "Hooked" trail companion

Hello!

Husband and I are looking to plan a week long PCT hike.  If there is a must-see location we'd love to know about it! We would prefer possibly Norther CA into OR, but if there's a better spot we would love to know.  Times of the year suggestions are appreciated too! Thanks!

Cheers!

Beth Seymour (Mitten State)
Sent from my iPhone- pardon any typos.

---