[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis

Theodore Locke theolocke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:29:05 CDT 2016

Hello,

I've been dealing with recurring bouts of plantar fasciitis (or something
related) for a little over a year and a half. During the spring of 2015 I
decided to postpone a thru-hike until 2016. Things have been going
relatively well until a few days ago when my foot started flaring up again.
I know that it will clear in a few days, but, as disappointing as it will
be, I'm seriously considering waiting another year. I'm seeing a sports
medicine doctor on Friday to get some medical advice.

Has anyone gone into a thru-hike while dealing with plantar fasciitis? Any
advice for how to deal with it on the trail?

-Ted