[pct-l] Mt Lassen transpo

Mel Tungate mel at tungate.com
Tue Mar 8 15:56:29 CST 2016

I love Lassen.

If you want to stop as you get to Lassen, just take a left and a relatively
short trail ( compared to what you have already hiked - about 10 miles )
will get you to the southwest visitor center and a camp ground.  The
entrance gate is there, and so is the large visitor center parking lot.  I
would suspect you can get a quick ride from the parking lot, but if you
really want to go outside the park, just walk past the gate.  I doubt if the
rangers would care if you hitched as you talked to them, but I might be
wrong.  The gate is NOT at the park's edge, but it just as well be.

Going out the north side is tougher, but ...  If you take a left where the
PCT passes Twin lake ( upper and / or lower ), you will have a very short
trail to the Summit campgrounds.  Again, I would suspect they would be a
great place to catch a ride north or south, but I might be wrong.

You can see a Lassen map at http://www.nps.gov/lavo/index.htm

I don't know of any public transportation that goes there.  Sorry.  I might
have missed something.

Mel