[pct-l] Announcing eTrails 1.5

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Thu Mar 3 12:10:27 CST 2016

I am delighted to announce eTrails 1.5.

eTrails is a free map/hiking guidebook app for the iPhone.  Version 1.5
covers all of the PCT in California and Oregon, updated with 2016 season information.
eTrails shows your location, the PCT, hundreds of side trails, and thousands
of points of interest along the way, all superimposed on scanned USGS
maps so you don't need an Internet connection.

In my opinion, the amount and quality of data is better than Guthook and the price is clearly better!  eTrails has lots of information on natural and human history as well as the usual data about campsites, water sources, and junctions.  I hope this makes an adventure on the PCT more satisfying than just miles and water.

I hope eTrails is a helpful tool for many of you hiking this coming
year.  It has been a major undertaking to gather all the data.  If you
find it useful, I would greatly appreciate positive reviews on the App Store.

I’m afraid I’m not a Facebook user, so I’d appreciate if folks on this list could spread the word to Facebook pages.

I’ve also received requests to port eTrails to Android and looked into it, but the effort is beyond my capabilities.  If anyone is eager to do so, I’d be happy to find a collaborator.

Happy Trails,

David Money Harris