[pct-l] Vermilion Valley Resort in need of cook ASAP!

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:33:59 CDT 2016

Cheers all-

I just got a request from the owner of VVR, asking for help in locating a
cook to work at the resort on Thomas Edison lake. It seems that a key
employee suffered a debilitating injury, taking them out of the work lineup.

VVR can be accessed by a paved road from out of Fresno, CA., on the western
flank of the Sierra mountains, or by hiking in NOBO, or SOBO, on the
PCT/JMT, or by hiking in from the eastern flank, going over Mono Pass,
commencing in the Rock Creek Resort area of the eastern Sierra mountains.

I volunteered to work at VVR for the duration of an illness, (17 days) back
in 2013, while NOBO, and found the owners and staff to be extremely hiker
friendly.

It would be greatly appreciated if this request could be disseminated on
the major social networks pertaining to the PCT,  by those that use such
tools, as I don't.

For more information, please contact:

Jim Clement, at-

vvrjim at edisonlake.com