[pct-l] 2017 Mountain Education snow courses 20% discounts

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Jul 22 16:02:58 CDT 2016

Hey, guys!

I wanted to thank everyone for realizing the importance of wilderness
education and safety as a prerequisite to greater peace of mind and further
enjoyment on their next mountain trips.

That has long been one of the objectives of Mountain Education's wilderness
safety courses and thanks to this community, it looks like folks are better
prepared for their hikes this summer because they are coming home full of
great and happy stories while looking forward to their next trips!

We have posted our 2017 Snow Basics, Intermediate, and Advanced Courses on
the school website! New this year are:

*         The addition of a zero day in the Snow Advanced Course to teach
steep snow skills to NoBo thru hikers as they go to the top of Mt. Whitney!

*         An early registration discount of 20% for all course applications
received before Labor Day, 2016!

New to the school, also, for 2016 were the Special Use Permit with Inyo
National Forest and the Commercial Use Authorization with Sequoia/Kings
Canyon National Parks. In the fall we will be adding El Dorado and
Okanogan/Wenatche National Forests! (Because of the expense of these, we
have had to increase our course tuitions. Sorry!).

Please consider supporting our 501(c)(3) whose Mission is:

"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize
wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential
education and risk awareness training."

So, take a look at our course dates and descriptions for 2017 and take
advantage of the current discounts!

Ned Tibbits

Mountain Education, Inc.