[pct-l] Metatarsal issues

Sarah Spergel sjspergel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 17:06:37 CDT 2016

Hi Lisa,
I had metatarsalgia last summer hiking the CDT so bad that I could not walk
without doping myself up on Ibuprofen, eventually got off trail, and had
pain for a few months afterwards. Metatarsal pads helped me a lot--but not
the drugstore ones, which I had trouble keeping in place. I've had a lot of
success with Aetrex Lynco 405 orthotics--see:
https://www.amazon.com/AETREX-LYNCO-SPORTS-L405M-ORTHOTICS/dp/B00F2259S4/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468188219&sr=8-1&keywords=lynco+orthotics--men's
orthotics and men's shoes. No foot problems since, knock on wood. I agree
with others that there are few one-size-fits all solutions for feet, but
these orthotics really helped me.
Best,
Hatchet