[pct-l] Echo Chalet no longer a resupply point / troublemakers on the trail

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Mon Jan 11 14:48:19 CST 2016

Tom......Being most of the bad behavior is happening in small towns to
small trail businesses....if you feel the home trail hosts should close
down then you must feel the same for ALL the businesses that the hikers
frequent. The hikers get their alcohol at the businesses.....not at
someone's home. If the hikers would act responsible and respectful to
everyone there wouldn't be a problem. Being it's usually a big group or two
that aggravates everyone coming up the trail, I feel it would be better to
deal with the troublemakers and leave everyone else to enjoy themselves.
Every troublemaker we have seen in the past has had a problem with alcohol.
So, we have solved that problem by banning all alcohol on our property. Now
we still have the 95% of the pleasant hikers staying with us. The one's who
can't live without being drunk can stay in town and be a pain. As I've said
in years past....if you don't like the rules then stay away.

Andrea Dinsmore