[pct-l] Sierra Snow

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:25:08 CST 2016

My belief is that you could start at the beginning of August at KM and go north to Sierra City. This year the normal "leave from KM by June 13th"won't apply unless you want to be in a lot of snow. But 6 weeks later it should be ok. But if it's not(and you'll know,by the pct-l) at that point you could decide to start in Sierra City. That would give you another two weeks until you reach slopes that would still have snow that give you any trouble. Unless it is a year from hell you should be ok by the time you get to Sonora Pass.
Marmot
Sent from my iPhone