[pct-l] Bear Spray

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:50:05 CST 2016

FORGET THE BEAR SPRAY, GUNS and all the other crap silly people insist you
need.
I hiked Glacier NP last summer and they recommend bear spray but I think it
is a ridiculous precaution and extra weight to carry.  My hiking partner
and I did not carry bear spray.  We only had one bear siting, a mom and 2
cubs.  They were about 2000 feet below us hiking between 50 Glacier Camp
Site and the Canadian Border.  We saw a lot of Mountain Goats and their
kids, Deer, Elk and small critters.

Julia, I had a wonderful time last year.  Let me know if you want some
logistical information.  I started at Mariah's Pass (on the CDT), then 2
Medicine, Pitamakan Pass, Triple Divide, Eagle Lake, Peagon Pass, Highland
Trail, 50 Glacier, Goat's Landing and went into Canada.  Then returned via
the Chief Mountain entry point down to Many Glacier.

Diet Plan