[pct-l] Desert Hiking Advice

Robert robwid at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 15:52:19 CST 2016

Thanks to all for your advice on gaining some desert hiking experience. Here is my latest thought. We'd rent a car in San Diego and drive to Lake Morena where we'd park the car. Then we'd take a couple of days to hike south to Campo and back to Lake Morena. The we'd hike north from the lake to an yet-to be-determined point where we'd hike back to Lake Morena. Having the car and doing 'out and backs' gives us the flexibility we may need if we find desert hiking to be more arduous than we are used to. Do you think that there is a place to leave a car at Lake Morena? Would there a better point on the trail close to San Diego to leave the car and do hike multiple day 'out and backs'.

Thanks in advance,
Rob