[pct-l] First Post

Mel Tungate mel at tungate.com
Wed Feb 3 18:03:34 CST 2016

The average for those who make the trek all the way is 5 months.  Some take
longer.  A few take less.

Others have covered early snow conditions, etc.

I am 68, so not that much older.  I typically do 14 mile days, and can throw
in 18 miles if I need to.  In time, that grows somewhat faster, but even
after 100 miles or so, 14 becomes 15 or 16.  I suspect if I made it 200
miles at a crack I could up that to 18, with a 20 thrown in.

I have no desire to be Anish ( faster hiker unsupported in PCT history -
Anish is a gal ).  Nor anyone else.  I am just trying to be slow poke Mel.
I suspect if I make it to Oregon, maybe I will be up to 25 on very good
days.  Maybe.  If not, I can do multiple years.  No big deal - it's not like
I have a 9 - 5 anymore.

Mel