[pct-l] First Post

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 11:15:00 CST 2016

 Certainly you can start in March. March is a winter month, though. You have to be ready for any sort of conditions. You could hit snow and ice in the Laguna Mountains. You could be wading through snow in the San Jacintos and then hit 100 degree temps at San Gorgonio Pass the same day. You'll be cozy at Cajon Pass, and then hit snow again on the Blue Ridge and over Baden-Powell. In a heavy snow year the north slopes of the San Gabriels can hold snow into June. Be flexible. If a storm hits at elevation, be willing to sit it out. If you keep your bag and clothes dry and have fuel for hot drinks and food you'll be OK.

Good luck.

Gary