[pct-l] Lightweight Quilt

Dale McDuffie dale.mcduffie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:25:15 CST 2016

Here's my solution, for what its worth:  I looked into quilts to
alleviate the claustrophobia I get with tight fitting sleeping bags.  I
settled on the Western Mountaineering TerraLite: a more rectangular back
that completely unzips into a quilt.  While on the CDT this fall I found
I would start sleeping as a quilt feeling fine, wake up needing to tuck
the edges under to to avoid drafts, and sometime zipping it all the way
up.  I also purchased a V-shaped nylon panel (custom) that allows me
more room even with the bag fully zipped.

Dale