[pct-l] Wrecked knee and packing

MARY E DAVISON pastormaryd at msn.com
Sat Apr 16 13:43:08 CDT 2016

I hiked a few years with an ACL brace. It can be done. I then got a knee relaxant and still hike.

Listen to your physical therapist and take rehab very seriously. Learn what you can do and not do by 2017 and adjust your hiking plans accordingly. Don't just try to keep up with everyone else but listen carefully to what your knee is telling you and you can very probably still hike.

Packing - probably everyone packs slightly differently. Probably the majority of folks like most everything stowed away inside that can be.

Not me. I purposely get packs with outside pockets. Tent, TP and trowel, rain gear and umbrella, first aid kit, water treatment, and head and hand coverings all go on outside of my pack. No wet stuff goes inside and anything I want to get at quickly goes on outside. That is the way I like it. But probably that would drive lots of others crazy.

Don't worry. You will develop your own way which suits you.

Medicare Pastor

Sent from my iPhone