[pct-l] Costco Trekking Poles

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:03:01 CDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Hikingsolo a.k.a. Allen Swanson <
allen.swanson at cox.net> wrote:

> My Costco CF trekking poles self destructed at mile 152ish after a slight
> bend and then a soft hit on a rock.

Sorry that happened to you.

CF tubes don't bend. I would have expected them to break after that, same
as the Leki's if they were also bent at some point. There's a reason the
Costco CF poles are as cheap as they are, but they are still a good bargain.

I'm not a fanboy, I just know what kind of abuse CF can take, and sometimes
I know a pretty good deal when I sees it. I have a three year old pair of
Costco CF poles, and a back up pair ready to be sent to me if needed. I
haven't needed the spare pair *yet* (knocking on my vinyl covered fake
granite print topped cheap plywood breakfast table).

--
Luce Cruz