[pct-l] Costco Trekking Poles

Hikingsolo a.k.a. Allen Swanson allen.swanson at cox.net
Wed Apr 13 12:46:09 CDT 2016

My Costco CF trekking poles self destructed at mile 152ish after a slight bend and then a soft hit on a rock. Duct tape helped hold them somewhat together until I replaced them in idyllwild.  The shatter took out half of one side with long slivers of fiber. I'd heard of this kind of failure in Costco poles but thought it might just be some brute complaining. I'm ankle rolling prone so I rely now on stronger poles from Leki.

Hikingsolo

On Apr 13, 2016, at 8:48 AM, Luce Cruz <lucecruz13 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM, <hiker97 at aol.com> wrote:

> These are at REI Outlet for $135.  Each pole weighs around 6.5 ounces.
> Normally a pair cost around $190.  They seem to have an excellent wrist
> strap, which is key to using a hiking pole correctly.
>
> Your obedient servant and trail rascal,
> Switchback the Trail Pirate

And if those are still unaffordable for you despite being in the REI
Outlet, last time I was in a Costco in Tucson I saw the CF hiking poles
they sell there for less than $40.

--
Luce Cruz