[pct-l] Ursacks and mice

Tom Grundy caver456 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 12:28:12 CST 2015

I set my sweaty socks out on a log overnight just north of that one
pass that's just north of that one lake (Waptus?) in WA... mice chewed
them up too.  Seems obvious in retrospect.  Also, you probably don't
want to mingle your sweaty socks with your food...

We used ursack for food and tied it to a tree every night.  No mouse
activity that we could tell around the ursacks, but, we probably
wouldn't know.  Either they tried and failed, or, they didn't try.  No
bite marks on the rope or anything so I'd guess the latter.  We didn't
use any liners or scent-'proof' bags inside the ursacks.