[pct-l] Ursacks and mice

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Mon Nov 23 22:14:12 CST 2015

In today's digest, Rob wrote: How are Ursacks at standing up to mice? I
had mice attack my food at two spots along the Suiattle River this past
summer, so I would like to find something that is light weight and can
stand up to them.? ? ? ?Rob

Rob,
In summer of 2014 I camped several nights in the Suiattle River area
with people who had mice get into their tents and food or trash. I
always had my food, trash and anything with a scent in an OP Sak, stowed
inside my pack under my feet at night, and never had any issues with
mice. I used OP Saks for my 8-year section hike of the whole PCT,
including inside my bear canister for the Sierra, and never had any
indication of any creature being interested in my food.

Rock-Kicker

---