[pct-l] Trekking Poles

Wendy R wendyatr at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 09:23:22 CDT 2015

So maybe this might not be useful for the PCT( I haven't hiked it yet and am starting this April) but for my AT thru hike I started without poles and just used sticks for the first 400 miles until other hikers gave up  the hike and left  their poles in the forest and in hiker boxes. So I just picked up stuff people dropped. My poles didn't match but heck they were free and it worked.  Now I use trekking poles all the time.  They're also my tent poles.
Dame Quixote