[pct-l] do you like to run on the PCT?

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:36:14 CDT 2015

>  ......could the trail running events in the SOCAL area be scheduled
>  after the herd of hikers are past ??

Thru hikers are a small minority of the hikers on the PCT.  Why schedule
trail runners and races around just this minority?

I have encountered trail runners with no problems, including both just
individual runners and a couple of small race days.  Maintaining speed is
important for their workout or race time, and I have a more casual
relationship with time so I just gracefully step to the side.  No worries.

I haven't encountered steady streams of runners all day; that would be more
disruptive to a hike.

Steady