[pct-l] PCTA Statement on Water Caches

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Mar 2 16:31:11 CST 2015

>   Are water caches any more
> unsightly in the wilderness than 1000 wind turbines placed there and
> operated for a profit?

I have a question. 4 of the 7 points in Haskel's piece are about the
caches impacting the trail due to concentrating hiker use.

I thought the majority of the caches are at or very near, road
crossings, and those areas are already impacted by the road, and often
by heavy use by non hikers, such as the area around Scissors Crossing,
which is a heavily used party spot on weekends, which has a huge
impact from these automotive visitors,

This seems invalidate those 4 concerns ( Decreasing wildness, Trash
and the relics of town collect around caches, Caches become camps,
Cache locations are unstudied) because these areas are already heavily
impacted.

Am I wrong about the caches being located at road crossings?