[pct-l] trail angel or hiking partner help

Andrea Harrison andylouharrison at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:20:52 CDT 2015

My son and I would like to hike from Peavine Creek to Ash Camp - Section O, California on Aug 3-5 (Monday - Wednesday). Orginally we were going to day hike the three hikes (Hikes 3,4 and 5 in Semb's book), but our hiking partner had to back out. We could do it as a 3-day backpack  by ourselves, but would need a ride to one end or the other of the hike and then back to our vehicle. Alternatively, if someone wanted to hike with us and has a vehicle, we would love to have the company.

A little more information. My son has Down's syndrome, but has hiked over 1500 miles with me on the trail. If we are backpacking, our speed is approximately 10-12 miles a day; day hiking, he can get up to 15-16 miles done. This small section is a hole I have to fill as we had to come off the trail early last year due to a death in the family.

This is really late notice, but we are grasping at straws here. If you are interested email me at andylouharrison at hotmail.com.