[pct-l] High country mosquito conditions???

Mark mcw1139 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 14:47:08 CDT 2015

I'm planning on backpacking the Dusy basin area next week.  Could anyone provide an update on mosquito conditions in the high country (above 10,000 ft.) anywhere between Yosemite and Kings Canyon.   I know that one person's "bad" is different than another so how about this scale:  When you do not have repellant on and you stop moving.....  10 mosquitoes land within 30 seconds = very bad,  5 mosquitoes land in 30 seconds = bad, 1 mosquito lands every minute = not bad/OK, 1 mosquito lands every 10 minutes = excellent,   no mosquitos land in 20 minutes = way excellent

Thanks.
- Mark