[pct-l] Hoka shoes

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:33:23 CST 2015

I had written on the blister formation​ several times. Briefly speaking,
the blisters are formed by the friction between skin and socks. The
friction between socks and footwear does not related to this problem. Too
loose footwear may influence stability and efficiency in walking. But too
tight footwear causes the friction between skin and socks, then it causes
blister.

The kind of footwear does not related to this problem. It is not the cause
of blister. I always wears light weight boots ( I am sorry. my boots are
around 2 kg ) with thin soft insole. The technique of preventing of blister
is same with shoes.

----This is my old memo---

The cause of blister is shear force to exfoliate the dermis and the
epidermis by the friction. In other words, it is necessary to reduce the
friction between skin and socks to prevent blisters. There are several
strategies. You should know  the coefficient of friction will increase when
the moisture of skin accumulated.

   - The smart wool socks reduce the humidity of the surface of skin.
   - The socks should be changed regularly.
   - The tight socks reduce the friction of skin and socks.
   - Use loose footwear. Then the friction occurs between socks and
   footwear.
   - Cover the skin with the film of the small coefficient of friction.
   - Use the insoles which has ventilation effect.

I made many ventilation holes in new insoles. It is not a new idea, but
they are new insoles. They works well .