[pct-l] Hoka shoes

earthford at aol.com earthford at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 12:16:55 CST 2015

 Wore Cascadias and other trail runners on AT thru-hike in 2013 and got a bad case of metatarsalgia (bruised forefeet) and numb toes. Saw a podiatrist who prescribed an expensive orthotic which I hated. Got Hokas (various types) and with the cushioning was able to hike again (300 miles on the CDT in 2014). Will be in Hokas on the PCT in 2015. I had problems with the heel cup wearing out at the top which can be fixed with gorilla tape before the padding wears away. Strongly recommend them if you get sore feet!

Speed