[pct-l] PCT assistance.

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Jan 27 12:24:58 CST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Joe Roth <jroth2353 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are looking for some support to tackle the stretch of the PCT from
> Idyllwild to Tehachapi. We need a place to park our vehicle somewhere
> securely in Tehachapi for approximately 4-6 weeks. We also need a ride to
> Idyllwild from Tehachapi. We would like start our hike sometime in the week
> of February 16, 2015. Our schedule is flexible. We are happy to reimburse
> you for expenses.

You realize that you are planning a winter trip through snowy mountains?

While there isn't much snow on the ground right now, that can change
quickly. It is 16F right now in Big Bear,

Here is the live webcam from the top of the Palm Springs tram
http://www.pstramway.com/long-valley-cam.html

Here are the cams from Mt High in Wrighwood. (the trail passes along
the top of the resort
http://www.onthesnow.com/california/mountain-high/webcams.html

I would expect Baden Powell to be a winter mountaineering trip.

If you are properly equipped and experienced, this sounds like a great
trip. If not, then it could be fatal.