[pct-l] Does foot size increase on long hike...and how much?

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:14:24 CST 2015

On Jan 3, 2015 12:42 PM, "Scott Williams" <baidarker at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like there are more discarded fairly new shoes in the first few
> hundred miles of the PCT than the rest of the trail put together.  I've
met
> many people in that first stretch who have outgrown their shoes that fast
> and are suffering from blisters and just plain foot pain from the
> constriction of their newly expanding feet.
>
> Shroomer

I suppose there is no "normal" time frame or formula for when or how much
this happens? To many wildcard factors like body weight, skin-out weight,
pre-hike conditioning, etc?

Myself, I plan to carry a single razor blade to save just for cutting out
shoe fabric in case I'm days away from resupply and my shoes are suddenly
to damned small.

Luce Cruz