[pct-l] Lost Hiker

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 20:27:22 CST 2015

Semper Fi-

Hoping for the best- but agree, does not bode well.
Reminds me of a fire fighter that left (a) trail somewhere south of Green Valley, and north of LA, last year.
I happened to be staying with the Anderson’s, mile 454, at the time, and it was all over the news.
His dog was found alone... then much later the hiker (deceased.)
I don’t believe any foul play was involved.

In this case my first impression is foul play, and for no particular reason.
Call it a hunch.
The AT has had it’s share... remarkably- the PCT, not so much.

The times they are a changing.

Last year, I had a smart phone $450, stolen at Lake Morena CG, mile 20,
a stove and pot $65, stolen at trail angel Mike Herrerra’s, mile 127,
and crampons and an ice axe $200, stolen at trail angel Tom Figueroa’s, mile 702.

Be careful out there...

PaintYW