[pct-l] Where in the heck are those SOBO winter hikers now?

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:51:34 CST 2015

Agua Dulce, CA
(start quotes) “We got into the small town of Agua Dulce yes­ter­day after­noon.

This is a bit­ter­sweet stop.

We are now over 2200 miles into the hike with 455 miles remain­ing.

But most impor­tantly it is great to see the Saufley‘s again after a few years.

This has always been one of the best stops on the trail.

Recently Jeff and Donna decided it was time for them to stop host­ing hik­ers.

Pep­per and I will be the last hik­ers here.

It’s the end of an era and when we walk out of here tomor­row it will be sad to close that door,

but I am excited for what lies ahead for Jeff and Donna and for us on the trail.….

The last few days have been hot, def­i­nitely not sum­mer hot, but when you are com­ing out of win­ter and snow it has felt sum­mer hot.

We have seen flow­ers bloom­ing, green hill­sides, trees bud­ding, and birds singing.

It feels like spring is coming!” (end quotes)

Shawn Forry and Justin Lichter, forge on, closing in on their goal- the US_Mex. border.

http://www.justinlichter.com/blog/

http://www.shawnforry.com/Margin_Walker...A_Hikers_Chronicles/Welcome.html

Best regards,

PaintYW

PS Thinking... hmmm- If I leave the border by March 1st, there’s a good chance of running into these two manly men/trailblazers.

SOMEBODY is going to be leaving the border and wind up having some pretty cool company on their first day of hiking. Cool beans.

Note: The “Green store” in Campo, has some tasty adult craft beverages, just in case you want to rendezvous w/ Shawn & Justin- hiker style.