[pct-l] While we slept last night... Two SOBO thru hikers reached Tehachapi! They are going to do it!

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:52:08 CST 2015

Shawn Forry and Jason Lichter left Canada,
sometime ago-
in order to thru hike the PCT SOBO throughout the winter.

Here’s the beef!

>From Justin’s blog today- Feb. 9th, 2015. (current)

We made it to Tehachapi Wil­low Springs Road yes­ter­day evening to com­plete the next stretch.
We have been on clear trail for the last the the days and have been able to do 30+ miles per day once again.
We expect clear trail to con­tinue for at least the next 150 miles also.
It is great to not have to nav­i­gate and pay close atten­tion to where you are headed all of the time.
We have been going through some of the drier stretches of the trail and have had a cou­ple of water­less stretches of nearly 30 miles.
It’s amaz­ing how fast the tran­si­tion from wet, high ele­va­tion Sier­ras to dry hap­pens on the trail.
About 560 miles to go now!

http://www.justinlichter.com/blog/

http://www.shawnforry.com/Margin_Walker...A_Hikers_Chronicles/Welcome.html

http://www.pcta.org/2015/meet-two-guys-winter-thru-hiking-pct-19-incredible-photos-26687/

I’m no expert, but this is pretty spectacular.

Enjoy!

PaintYW