[pct-l] And now a word from our sponsor- PCTA 2015 long

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:47:22 CST 2015

PaintYW, >>> "the option for choosing a Whitney permit was nonexistent". I assume you know that if you climb Mt. Whitney from the PCT side (west) you don't need a permit. The permit is only needed if you climb from the Whiteney Portal (east). Bri/Tartan <<<
That’s a roger. It’s my 4th consecutive year of hiking the PCT... I’ve gone from a lowly freshman hiker (ROOKIE!) to a senior class hiker. lol! I get the Whitney option just in case I want to go over the big mountain and resupply in Lone Pine. By the way, I’ve lived in Lone Pine at least 2 months a year for the last 3 years.Mammoth Lakes- 2 months combined, Kennedy Meadows south- 3 months combined... Your reminder is good for folks that don’t know that one can climb Whitney from the PCT (westside)... to the east (top) without having to get a permit. I get one even if I am sure I won’t use it, just to throw a little change into the kitty.Best regards,PaintYW