[pct-l] And now a word from our sponsor- PCTA 2015 long distance hiking permit application

rbelshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:41:54 CST 2015

I think that counter means 2/50 were taken, not 2/50 remaining. For example today (Feb 4) shows 0/50 starts. Further, all dates in the future are green, while those in the past are red, so I assume when a date reaches 50/50 it turns red.

Rod "Steady" Belshee
hikepaddle.blogspot.com

Wow,

I just went on line to place a PCTA long distance permit application, and to my surprise there were only 2 slots left in choosing March 1st, as to my beginning of hike date, and only 1 slot left in choosing my end of hike date of November 15th. Each calendar date had 50 slots depicted in an image representing the calendar month, in this case- March, and again November respectively. After paying with a card, the option for choosing a Whitney permit was nonexistent. Hmmm. Any who- 48 people had apparently beat me to the punch for the date March 1st, and 49 people had beat me to the punch for the date November 15th. Looks like it’s on like Donkey Kong. Good luck everybody. GET SOME!

PaintYW