[pct-l] Allergies

Josh Breslow jbreslowsubs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:32:57 CST 2015

My experience with allergies while on the PCT was great. I normally have
horrible day-to-day allergies and have had allergy tests done, (the test
results came back saying that I was pretty much allergic to everything;
dust, pollen, trees, bushes, hay, cats, dogs, horses, etc...) so I was
worried about being in the wilderness for so long. Much to my surprise I
was able to pretty much stop taking allergy pills during my hike. I am not
sure if the constant cardio exercise had anything to do with it but it was
fantastic. I did have to take an allergy pill once in a while and I always
had a bottle of saline spray with me which I used most days.

Hopefully you will have the same experience that I had and will have a
successful and allergy-free hike.

I live in Southern California, if that adds anything.