[pct-l] Neoprene socks

Stephen Adams reddirt23 at att.net
Tue Feb 3 00:17:09 CST 2015

Yeah that's probably not a good idea.  You're gonna want kicks that breathe, and I mean you can feel the breeze on your toes when walking at a brisk pace.  If the shoes breathe that good they'll be your heroes in the heat, and when dunked they will drain and dry faster after creek crossings, rain, and snow walking etc...  In a neoprene sock I imagine trench foot.  But you might look into getting a light ankle gaiter to keep junk and snow etc out from around your ankles.  Nothing like having one shoe throwing junk into the other one constantly...
Gets old after a few hundred miles...constantly dumping sand or trying to dig the snow out from around your ankles etc...  Just saying.  I think the ladies like something called Dirty Girls.

Now, here's my suggestion after you pick out some shoes and socks combo you like....  Hose your feet socks, fill your shoes up and go hike a couple miles, and then dump more water on 'em and hike a few more miles and see how your stuff feels.  Not kidding and might sound silly, but if you can get over it and not let wet brush along the trail etc soaking your feet or crossing creeks etc bother you you'll be all the happier if and when faced with the prospect of hiking most or all of the day with wet feet.