[pct-l] Gear Recommendation (Traction Devices vs Snow Shoes)

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:59:29 CDT 2015

Thanks for the detailed response Ned. Given the range of equipment that
people use to cross the Sierras I’m sure there are differing views on this
topic. Nonetheless I really appreciate your advice and in particular the
rationale for your choices (for example I hadn’t thought of the issue of
instep crampons not working if you are on the ball of your feet).

Now what kind of snow year will we have in 2016? Personally I hope we have
lots of snow as I love snow (as an avid cross country skier in Oregon). But
I guess we’ll see. I’ll do my snow dances this winter.

                -Scott