[pct-l] Ultralight Fry Pan

Marian Harmon marianharmon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:33:17 CDT 2015

I'm using this cheapo set I found on Amazon. Like Gail, I like to cook...
especially egg dishes and protein pancakes. It's not super high end,
obviously, but it's compact enough that I would even thru hike with it. I
don't use the cups and stuff that come with it... but it's small enough
that I can put a fuel canister and a pocket rocket stove (wrapped in my
kitchen towel or cut up bandana) and a few little items in there just fine.
It comes with a black mesh storage bag. This way I have a pot and a fry
pan, rather than a pot and a smaller pot or lid.  The handles are a little
weird to get used to...but I have no real complaints. I'm not sure how long
it will hold up... but for now it's good enough. I haven't weighed it
because I focus on function over weight... but I'd say the pot and pan,
alone, are maybe 6-7 ounces, tops. I have 3-4 different stove/pot systems
and this one is the one I'm using the most. It's the one I carry in my car
when I travel  in my get home bag, too. I work in the field and travel
distances in the desert so I don't leave home without a full pack and the
ability to survive for at least 72 hours.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PTRLR6U