[pct-l] Section F Question

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Tue Aug 4 09:03:46 CDT 2015

 Better take a flak jacket with you if you hike Section F soon.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-manhunt-gunman-20150803-story.html
" A criminal rampage in this desolate wilderness east of Bakersfield has left one man dead and two Kern County sheriff's deputies wounded, triggering a manhunt that started last week.

Under the blazing sun, investigators scoured the rugged terrain dotted with Joshua trees and tall weeds, searching for a still-unidentified gunman believed to be camouflaged in olive-green apparel...

SWAT deputies searched the area Friday but came up empty. Officials suspect the gunman hiked over the Piute Mountains, possibly using the Pacific Crest Trail, to arrive in Weldon.

The manhunt continued Saturday, when about 8:30 p.m., the gunman fired at SWAT deputies on a remote property near Kelso Valley Road and Jawbone Canyon Road, Pruitt said.

Deputies Michael Booker and Jose Perez were wounded. Booker was shot in both arms and Perez was grazed by a bullet. SWAT deputies returned fire, but it was unclear if the man was struck, Pruitt said.

The manhunt is now confined to a five-mile radius from the intersection of Jawbone Canyon and Kelso Valley roads, sheriff's officials said."