[pct-l] halfmile maps mileage changes

Ryan Weidert ryan.weidert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:32:53 CDT 2015

An article by the PCTA touches upon the topic. It can be found on the
PCTA.org website under the "Blog" tab, search for March 13th, or see it
here:
http://www.pcta.org/2015/how-long-is-the-pacific-crest-trail-its-2650-1-miles-28332/

Basically it comes down to how they use the GPS data to calculate the total
distance. A small change over the long distance compounds into miles by the
end. If you look at mileage per state, it differs even more between the
2014 and 2015 versus the total trail length.

Tuna Helper.

--
Ryan Weidert
Geologist