[pct-l] Cracked Hees...

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 02:41:50 CDT 2015

Tim;
I had to deal with cracked heals most of my life. On the thru hike in 2005, would use both duck tape (if really bad)
and band aids, if not so bad. But prevention I have learned is better. I would actually oil up my feet/heels at night,
wear socks, and then my heels would be less likely to crack. I suggest doing it the night before. If you forget the
next morning, duck tape em.
The issue becomes duck tape won't stick as well if you oil them, and then decide you need duck tape. I carried olive oil on the trail. Unfortunatly I didn't really get this down, until the last few years.

-Mountain Goat-