[pct-l] Bear canisters in the Sierra

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Apr 20 02:31:52 CDT 2015

There are two long stretches without bear boxes that make it
impossible to hike the PCT without a canister for "proper food
storage"

The first is long, but doable, 30+ miles from Agnew Meadows to Tuolumne meadows.

The second is impossible to do without camping, 50+ miles, and that is
Glen Aulin to the northern boundary of Yosemite NP at Dorothy Lake
Pass.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/bearcanisters.htm