[pct-l] Knees

MARY E DAVISON pastormaryd at msn.com
Sat Apr 11 17:20:15 CDT 2015

I want to echo Maxine's comments. Most Pct trail does not go above 4-5 inches in a stride - usually less. But that is not to say all. I too remember the Golden Staircase as well as other ups and downs.

Poles are really important!! They take weight and give more points of stability.

I have never counted stair step like trail steps in a day though.

I am 73 and I do have a knee replacement (and a shoulder replacement) but I have always had on relatively good knee to rely on. Although it too has arthritis.

When I had to go off Celebrex as it was affecting my kidneys I searched for a more natural product and discovered Inflam-x. It is a natural blend for pain and inflammation you can get online through Yourhealthstore.com. (I think that is right but I am on ADT right now and not home to check) It hasmade all the difference in allowing me to continue long section hiking and doesn't hurt my kidneys. Can't say it would work for everyone but it has been golden forme. Your Health Store is a reputable place that does not stock stuff with questionable ingredients.

That said, you have to get out there and really listen to what your body is saying about speed, distance and elevation gain and loss.

Medicare Pastor
Sent from my iPhone