[pct-l] Hiker town to Walker Pass

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Tue Apr 7 12:26:21 CDT 2015

Karen,

The road crossings between Hikertown and Walker Pass are listed below, with * by the most easily accesible ones.

various minor dirt roads near the aqueduct, probably not of relevance to you
Aqueduct road near the Cottonwood Creek Bridge
* Tehachapi Willow Springs Road trailhead
* Cameron Canyon Road Trailhead
* Highway 58 Trailhead
jeep roads near the Sky River Ranch wind farm — unsure about access
Buck Canyon Road - unsure of access
* Jawbone Canyon Rd. Trailhead
Waterhole Mine Camp
* Landers Camp
* Piute Mountain Road
* Kelso Valley Road
Dove Spring Road and a web of BLM roads
*Bird Spring Pass Road
Jeep roads around McIvers Cabin
* Walker Pass Campground / Pass

The road access between Highway 58 and Walker Pass all involve long drives on remote dirt roads, but the ones marked with * are normally 2WD accessible with careful driving.

If you have an iOS device, you can download the free eTrails app that will show you all of these roads on a map and will provide automatic driving directions for you.

Happy trails,

David